Tuesday, January 19, 2010

going all the way

so my brilliant friend jennifer had an idea: an e-course on creativity!
we can take it together, she said. it's only for a month. please please please take it with me. come on, please. it will be FUN!
jen does nice work -- like the way she makes it sound like i'm doing HER a favor.
sly jen! i don't know if she heard me nattering about holistic creativity or if she's just got good timing. or if it even matters. what does is that she was right.
of course day 1 was fun: gathering up all the new stuff we'd need (notebooks, markers, paint -- at, even better, a 50 percent off sale) and diving right in, drunk on the very idea.
but the roots of the day crept into my dreams, waking a mess of dormant ideas that were still sparking by the time i sat down at the desk after breakfast.
day 2's assignments sent me so adrift on the river of time i had to race out for a 1 o'clock appointment with wet hair and a handful of crackers for lunch.
when i got back, i dove right back in until my stomach took charge and ordered me out to the kitchen to fix dinner.
i'm going to take the whole party of synapses to sleep for today.
can't wait to see what tomorrow's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment